You may not be able to identify how the parts of a smile blend in perfect harmony, but you know it when you see it. At Harris Dental in Phoenix, beautiful smiles with cosmetic dentistry are our specialty.
You may be surprised at how many design elements we consider when planning for a smile makeover. Here are a few of the most obvious parts:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other cosiderations that may be less familiar to the layperson:
- The portions of the teeth that are visible when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
At Harris Dental we improve the smiles of our patients with cosmetic dentistry every day. We also offer complete general dentistry services. Call to schedule an appointment with us today!
Contact Harris Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
Connect with us.