We treat all of our patients royally here at Harris Dental, but some of them receive actual crowns. We’re not talking about crowns a king or queen wears, but crowns for your teeth!
A dental crown is like a cap that we place over a damaged tooth, in order to restore its size, shape, and strength. They also restore its appearance. Crowns are used for a myriad of problems:
- To safeguard a weak tooth from decay, breaking, or to hold together a cracked tooth.
- To cover and provide strength to a tooth with a large filling and little tooth structure remaining.
- To restore a broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- To improve a tooth that is too small or misshapen.
- To cover a tooth with severe discoloration.
- To add strength to a tooth following a root canal procedure.
Once a dental crown is cemented into place, it completely covers the visible portion of the tooth, at and above the gum line. There are several different types of crowns available: stainless steel, porcelain and metal, all resin, or all ceramic.
At Harris Dental in Phoenix, same-day crowns are just one of our cosmetic dentistry options. Schedule an appointment today.
Contact Harris Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
Connect with us.