We see too many cases of gum disease in our patients at Harris Dental in Phoenix. It’s the leading cause of tooth loss, but it’s preventable. With that in mind, here is a short quiz to test your knowledge of gum disease.
1. Which of the following are risk factors for gum disease (periodontitis)?
2. Which of the following are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that appear longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bleeding gums
d. Tender gums
3. Which of the following are possible health matters linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of men and women age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following services are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Soft tissue grafting
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t see any symptoms.
Gum disease usually responds favorably to treatment—especially if caught early. If you haven’t seen a dentist in a while, or have been noticing troubles with your gums or teeth, please call us at Harris Dental in Phoenix. We treat gum disease, and conditions like TMD. We also offer a full range of dental services. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Harris Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
Connect with us.