If time is a concern to you, you will be happy to hear that the doctors at Harris Dental can create beautiful, permanent, porcelain crowns or partial dental crowns (onlays) in a single office visit. With the revolutionary CEREC III D system, a permanent porcelain crown can be yours in about 90 minutes. You will no longer be inconvenienced by messy impressions, temporary dental crowns, or multiple office visits.
A CEREC tooth restoration isn’t just convenient, it is also healthy. Many years ago, dentists had few options to repair decayed and damaged teeth other than amalgam, gold, and other metals. With CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics), Harris Dental can use strong, tooth colored ceramic materials to restore your teeth to their natural strength, beauty and function.
CEREC Crown Process
- CEREC dental crowns are made in one visit, saving the patient time.
- With CEREC porcelain crowns there is no need for a temporary dental crown, which eliminates one of the potential discomforts for the patient.
- CEREC porcelain crowns have no metal in them and thus are more esthetic.
- CEREC material and technology can also be used for fillings. Since they are made out of porcelain, they are more durable than typical white composite fillings.
- The materials in a CEREC porcelain crown closely match the composition of natural tooth structure. This means when you eat hot food and then drink something cold, the tooth and the CEREC restoration expand and contract at almost equal rates, preventing potential cracking and breaking of teeth.
Your natural looking CEREC porcelain crown, is designed with a computer imaging device and custom crafted to precisely fit individual teeth. They can be used to replace old porcelain or gold dental crowns, unsightly metal fillings, and restore almost any back tooth in need of repair. They can last for decades and have a very natural appearance that looks and feels great.
Contact Harris Dental in Phoenix or Queen Creek today to learn more about CEREC porcelain crowns or fill in the form at the top of this page for a free porcelain crown consultation.