Aches and pains – minor or major – are totally unbearable. Headaches can be quite excruciating and prove to be a nuisance, with one not being able to concentrate on anything. Unless the pain is due to other medical grounds, one can use home remedies for headaches.
Instead of running to the doctor or depending on over-the-counter drugs, herbal remedies can help cure headaches rather effectively. It may help to analyze the cause of headaches before venturing into possible treatment methods. While the reasons may vary, some of the most acceptable causes are stress, insomnia, sinuses, migraines, indigestion, being on an empty stomach too long, heatstroke, dental issues and others causes.
4 Home Remedies for Headaches
- To begin with if you feel that the headache is too strong and could be for other reasons than mentioned above, you may want to make an appointment with the doctor. Try drinking plenty of water and get some rest. Often relaxation helps to de-stress and relieves you of a headache.
- Gentle massaging at the temples and the nape of the neck also helps. Use some distressing oils for massaging the temples.
- If you feel that your headache is due to a poor diet, adjusting your diet or balancing it out helps. Often indigestion and acidity may be a potent cause for headaches. Antacids or medications to aid digestion also work wonders.
- Aromatherapy is an age old practice that also helps cure headaches. Use of essential oils with lavender, jasmine, eucalyptus, rosemary, peppermint help to relieve one of headaches. It also calms you down and relaxes you totally. Often these oils also help induce sleep and therefore work as an external nerve relaxant.
Sometimes headaches may also be attributed to dental issues. If the headache persists and is accompanied by dental problems, you may want to consult your dentist instead of trying home based remedies.
Latest posts by Brian Harris (see all)
- Genetic Signature May Indicate the Severity of Periodontal Disease - April 16, 2014
- Dental Retainers - March 19, 2014
- How Smiles for Life Works - March 19, 2014